The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. ~Ambrose Bierce



Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Gromit's First Visit to the Dog Park

Today we went to the dog park, where I met this nine month old Great Dane named Zack. I wasn't quite sure what to think of him at first. I'm used to being the big one; and to think only nine months old! After he put his paws up on Hannah's
shoulders I realized he was just the sort of friend for me. I also like to jump. We played together for almost the whole run through the park.
Gromit came along too.
This was his first visit to the dog park, and he had to wear his silly coat. He spent the first while cowering between Daddy!'s feet, or Hannah's, or running back to Mom. I didn't pay much attention to him at the park, not when there was a Dane to play with, but the conversation in the truck on the way home seemed to suggest he had kept up well.


I snoozed the rest of the afternoon, before helping Daddy! reinstall the weather stations, then shovel the back walkway. My helpfulness should earn me a night with the best spot on the big bed.

5 comments:

  1. That looks like sooooo much fun to me!

    Happy ALMOST 2010!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 'chase' pictures!!!

    Elizabeth & Luna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire!!! I've hopped on over from Farley's blog and thought I would stop for a visit!!! Your blog is wonderful and you are a beautiful golden!!! Enjoyed looking at all your pics!!

    lotsa licks,
    Miley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there,

    Came across your blog while trying to find new places to take our new german shephard pup "kota". We have been exploring the cascades for the past month and have heard much about "the tree farm". With the cascades being closed next month for cleanup could you let me know where the tree farm is? Are there any other places that you have found that are good for off-lease walking?
    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete