The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. ~Ambrose Bierce



Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sleeping

When Gromit snoozes, which he does often, and peace settles once again in the house, I wait. I wait for him to wake up so we can play monkey-tug again. Sometimes I poke him with my nose, other times I lay down beside him and sigh. He goes to bed early, like I used to, which is when I go to my dog-ottoman by the front room window and guard the house from night squirrels until Mom and Daddy! go to bed.

Last night I slept right in between them and stretch horizontally across the bed. I find this technique works well in order for me to have part of my body on Mom and part on Daddy!, while maintaining more bed surface space than either of them. Mom scratched me behind the ears as she fell asleep, which felt nice, so I showed her my appreciation by licking her hand while she slept.

1 comment: