The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. ~Ambrose Bierce



Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ode to a Lost Stick

Has this ever happened to you? Has your human ever tossed your stick in a tree?
Does he think I'm a *&!@$squirrel@$#!*%! ???
I think I have to give Daddy! some more lessons in stick tossing.

Oh stick, sweet stick,
Where for art thou stick?
Are you in a tree?
Are you set free,
from me?
Did you get tossed,
and then lost?
He who threw you,
Made me so blue,
Until he found a new you.

I'll never forget you, dear stick-in-a-tree.

4 comments:

  1. I play & walk with 2 golden retrievers, Molly & Cooper, and they are very expressive, out-going dogs especially when I toss balls in their backyard because I am sometimes the worst ball-thrower ever. The balls land in bushes, on their roof, in the tree...you name it! I am sure they wonder if I think they are squirrels from time to time! Very funny poem and blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel Claire! My Mom once threw my bone on the roof and I had to wait for Dad to get home and save me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave you a blog award from Macy's Puppy Tales, check it out!

    http://macyspuppytales.blogspot.com/2010/05/our-first-award-help-share-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! Thank you for the blog award!

    Hi Farley!

    HI to Molly & Cooper!

    ReplyDelete