The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. ~Ambrose Bierce



Monday, May 24, 2010

We Have Birds

I couldn't believe it this morning. I was sitting out on the balcony with Mom and Gromit and all around us were BIRDS ~ birds of so many kinds, everywhere. My neck got a little sore from trying to watch them all.
Some are even living in our house! They have babies (cute! and yummy!), but they are pooping all over our balcony, and that is not good because then Mom doesn't let us go out there.
I'm not allowed to sniff it
(or eat it), but I wanted to point it all out to Mom. Daddy! will be home soon and will hose it all off so we can lay around out there again.
It's the best bird observatory any dog could wish for.

I'm going to study ornithology so I can identify each bird, and make a list of which ones me and Daddy! can barbecue. I will catch them in my mouth.

I can't believe how many birds there are everywhere. Could there possibly be more birds than dogs?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, please listen to your mom and not to sniff the bird poo as some of it can be poisonous and anyway it's not good to you at all. It's kind of exciting to have so many birds around though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear, you are going to barbecue the birds with Daddy? No, no, Claire, you two are not supposed to do that to the birdies cuz you are only supposed to look at them! Remember: Look but no touch! Now be a good girl, okay?

    ReplyDelete