The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. ~Ambrose Bierce



Thursday, September 30, 2010

green paws

It's Autumn, and there is a lot of work to be done in the garden. Gromit and I are great helpers ~Mum said so~ and have been doing our bit every day. We might not have thumbs but our paws are pretty green. Yesterday afternoon after the rain stopped we started cutting back the daylilies and spurge...
Even though the sun was shining, we had to walk under the wet caragana tree, peonies, and and lilies to get at the spurge, which made our fur get all wet (and mine cutely crimped).
After all that work we took a break to have a drink from the hose. My amazing licker slurped up most of the water, causing a rain shower to pour all over Gromit.
(Mum and Daddy! went out after to buy some Febreze™, baking soda, and wood floor cleaner because they said we made the house smell like wet dog. Febreze™ makes me sneeze; I much prefer the smell of wet dog.)
Even little Clifford is doing his part. He didn't even know what a cucumber was when he arrived on Saturday! Can you imagine never knowing a cucumber?!?!? He didn't get very wet though. His short, little furs seem to repel water. One swipe of the Shamwow™ and he's dry!

2 comments:

  1. Both of you are definitely your mom's good helpers. I admire you have green paws so you can help as I don't have any fingers with me and so I can't plant anything at all. You're so lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you got to help in the garden. Mom doesn't let me help very often. My paws are more brown (I dig) than green ;)

    Gromit looked like he didn't really mind Claire's splatter :)

    First I've seen Clifford! What a cutey pie!

    Waggin at yaz,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete