The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. ~Ambrose Bierce



Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's a dog's life

There are some particular dog activities that Gromit and I excel at. For instance, running; I could run forever, fast, in circles, with or without sticks, and Gromit would be right behind me. He's amazingly speedy for a dog with stubby legs. I run in silence, whooshing through the trees and long grass, while Gromit barks with every bounce. Sometimes we get going so fast Mum can't even get a picture of us, just a blur of fur.


I leap...
and gallop...

...and Gromit whacks himself in the face with his ears, hehehe.

After all that running it's important to recharge with a good snooze. I've recently started claiming my own space on the lounge. Gromit has always managed, somehow, to be allowed to sleep on the lounge, even though Mum and Daddy! have always said "no dogs on the human lounges." They provide with us with lots of spaces to curl up comfortably. We have our very own dog ottoman, and now a new Kong™ dog bed, but I want to snooze where Daddy! lays because it's just so comfy.
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

3 comments:

  1. You two look mighty comfy on the human lounger :)

    I tried that recently and got booted off and now there's a sheet of tin foil there. Harumph!

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog and pics - like the cartoon saying by Edward Hoagland about opening up to partly becoming a dog - funny!

    ReplyDelete