The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. ~Ambrose Bierce



Friday, December 31, 2010

How I spent my Christmas vacation...

I was pretty sad and mopey throughout most of the Christmas holiday. Unlike the Grinch, my heart has always been two sizes too big, so when my little brother Gromit got sick and had to spend many nights away at the vet hospital, all I could do was lay about feeling sad. I love having Gromit around, he's my best buddy. When he's around I have someone to roll around in the snow with, pounce on, wrestle. I could tell he was not well, and it made me worry. Mum, Daddy! and my human sister were also all very sad and worried, which made me feel even more. I wear my emotions on my paws, and in my eyes, and could not hide how sad I felt. Even with a new Christmas duck to chew, it just wasn't the same without Gromit.

Thankfully, Gromit is on the mend and is back home where he belongs. He still can't play with me like we're used to, but that's okay because he will soon. I can be patient now that's he's home. I've been laying close by him ever since, just to let him know I care.

Before Gromit got sick, we did have a great family gathering here. We had two extra children and my Auntie M and Uncle Ken stay with us for a few days, which was awesome. They all love dogs, and I got lots of extra attention. Daddy! and I also had a lot of good snuggling time on the couch together. I don't know what ever happened to the rule about no dogs on the furniture, but I'm certainly not complaining.

I hope all my furry friends had a great Christmas full of ducks, squeaking things, and leftover roast beast treats. We're taking it easy for Gromit's sake this New Year's Eve, just waiting for Daddy! to get home so we can really have our whole family together again. I wish you all well this New Year (except all the squirrels out there, of course) and best wishes for 2011!

♥ Claire

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that Gromit is feeling better, we hope you all have a wonderful 2011.

    Hamish & Rescue Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have spent mine the same way!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. With such a beautiful girl, it's hard to stay firm about the furniture rule.

    ReplyDelete