The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. ~Ambrose Bierce



Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sunday Tree Farm

A field of snow, to me, is just like a lake full of water. These perfect pools of powder at the winter tree farm are just like Little Dog Lake when it comes to swimming and leaping. I can not get enough of this stuff. Gromit and I left Clifford to "complete his mission" and spent Sunday afternoon running at the tree farm.


Gromit loves snow too, but not as much as I do. That's because he doesn't roll in it like I do. I keep telling him to give it a try, but he's just not a snow-roller. 


We took a different route this time. Usually when we visit the tree farm Daddy! and Mum lead us along the curvy path through the Pine plantation. This time we went left. Gromit and I were both a little confused for a while, but it was kind of like an...adventure. The tree farm is so large, and has so many different areas to explore that I have yet to explore the whole place.

Our tree farm is a Plantation Demonstration and Assessment project, and is part of the Government of Canada's response to climate change. (Isn't that interesting Daddy! :D)

Our usual path was way over on the other side of these little spruce trees. The field was deep with snow to my chin, enough to swallow a Gromit so he stayed on the cleared roads and paths. Still, with all that snow there were huge fluffy flakes of more snow falling from the sky the whole time.

We met the same shy spaniel we've met before, a couple of black dogs, and a Shepherd. There's still more to explore, but we came home exhausted and exhilarated from a great change of scenery and good long run/leap/swim&roll.

If that wasn't already the best, once we were home (and Mum and Daddy! prepared themselves with a glass of wine) they brought all three of us dogs into the bathroom and WE ALL HAD BATHS. Now, I know not all dogs like baths, but I do - I do because I am so fluffy after a nice warm bath. After a nice towel rub from Mum, Daddy!, my stylist, dries me with a hairdryer. My Claire fur gets all poofy and soft and everyone hugs me a lot for days after.

1 comment: